The Balboa Academy Executive Internship Program began in January 2017 as 12 students with GPA’s of 3.5 and above participated in a ten-day internship. Company evaluations demonstrated that our students are innovators and were asked to return for a longer professional experience.
The Executive Internship program has proven to be a success as students experience real-world careers and problem solve with companies.
Why an ExecutiveInternship Program?
- Creates opportunities for students to sharpen professional and interpersonal skills.
- Students can test their career interest
- Self-directed learning
- Goal setting
- Creative problem solving
- Cross cultural sensitivity
Interns: Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Be in good academic standing
- Complete course assignments and hours
- Behave responsibly and professionally
- Reflect upon learning
- Evaluate self and internship program
- Monitor & evaluate intern’s 21st Century skills
- Support Balboa Academy’s Educational Goal
- Expose interns to high technology and real work experiences
- Lead by example
- Guide students and provide feedback
- Share professional experiences and successes
- Identify and train student talents as potential employees