How to Apply
We are accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year.
There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 per application.
Please click here to start our Online Application.
Online Application Procedures
1. To apply online you will be asked to create a username and password. Only one username is required for multiple applications. You may save your progress and complete the application at your convenience. Please be advised that once you have submitted payment you may not make any changes.
2. You will need to scan and upload the following documents to the online application:
*Copy of child’s passport
*Copy of child’s birth certificate
*Copy of Parents passports (both on one file)
*Copy of Immunization Records OR take this form to your doctor to fill out: Immunization Form
*Copy of All Academic Records (on one file- if this file is too large to upload please send directly to firstname.lastname@example.org)
*Copy of Standardized Test results if available (on one file)
*Any additional information such as medical needs (on one file)
3. You will need the email address of the child’s English Teacher, Math Teacher, and Principal/Counselor to send a request to fill out the online Recommendation Form (Applicants for Grades 1-12)
If you have any questions about applying online, please contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com or call (507) 302-1076
Paper Application Procedures (Paper applications can only be turned in in person to our Admissions Office)
Submit the following:
- Copy of Child’s Passport and Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Guardian’s Passports
- Certificate of Immunization
- Sponsorship Declaration Form
- Email address of student’s (for us to send a request to fill out the Recommendation Forms):
- English Teacher
- Math Teacher
- Complete academic records (including current report)
- Standardized Tests results (Ex. MAP, Terra Nova, FCAT, etc.)
- High School Students (9-12th) need to submit transcripts of all credits obtained
- Payment of $50 Application Fee
Once your application is complete:
1. School contacts family to confirm receipt of the application by email.
2. Enrollment documents are reviewed by an admissions committee.
3. Potential students will be invited for an evaluation.
4. Enrollment documents are reviewed a second time by an admissions committee.
5. Notification of enrollment status will be sent by e-mail.
Please be advised that English fluency is essential for academic success at Balboa Academy.
All correspondence from Balboa Academy to families is in English.
Note: Upon Admission to Balboa Academy, we recommend grade placement for each student. Parents applying with school transcripts or records from outside of Panama must have those validated through the Ministry of Foreign Relations (Embassy of the Country of Origin) and the Panamanian Ministry of Education (MEDUCA) to officially assign entering Grade placement.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to make the final decision on acceptance or denial for an applicant. Considerations for this decision are confidential and not released to parents or third parties.